Saturday, March 14, 2009

What I Brought Home Today

or, Who Wants to Come Over?
  • Chocolate Pots de Creme (nice, very dark)
  • Bread pudding (mine, and looks delicious even though I didn't make the accompanying Bourbon sauce)
  • Rice pudding (I hear the rice wasn't cooked enough)
  • Cherry Clafouti, made with blueberries and apricots (Dee's, lovely)
  • Baked Creme Brulee (not my favorite in general, but looked good)
  • Eclairs, with vanilla pastry cream and melted chocolate ganashe (mine!)
  • Profiteroles, fixed same as above (mine!)
(Sorry I can't put the corresponding accents on words such as pate, a, choux, or creme brulee for that matter.)

And let's just call the Pate a Choux what it is: boiled dough. Amazing. Contains no sugar.

I definitely need practice with the pastry bag, though, as I overstuffed my pieces a bit, and my profiterole and eclair shapes could have been prettier. Nevertheless:

No comments:

Post a Comment