Monday, March 23, 2009

12 Years Goes By Really Fast Sometimes

Wish I had taken a picture of the beautiful cupcakes I made yesterday for D.J.'s party. Okay, I did have to make them twice, after realizing I had not added enough flour to the first batch (and they weren't then going to morph into some kind of cool flourless cake). But I was really glad I went the extra mile (i.e., had to prepare a new mise en place), because they looked and tasted fantastic. And furthermore, chalk one up for tools of the trade and me giving up my rebellious streak (no matter what the subject matter), as I finally bought myself an ice cream scooper so I could make the cakes a uniform size. And it totally worked! They were perfectly rounded on top, and really pretty. Plus, that top secret recipe is top secret I guess for a reason—they are just almost too good to be true!

Meanwhile, I am fried, behind schedule on my latest historical romance, and just got a call for work on another, more racy one (Do I care if this manuscript is a BDSM story? the production editor asked me*), with possible conflicting deadlines, among other things. Am still meditating on the cheesecake/angel food cake class, but right now, I think I need to lie down. In silence (save for Con Ed drilling directly outside my window). Wish me luck.


D.J. has chocolate icing on her nose, and that black-and-white fabric on the walls was part of the '60s hippie pad thing D.J.'s N.Y.C. B.F.F. (1 girl to the right of D.J.)'s dad designed, but I had to execute, as he ran out the door after dropping off the fabric on his way to do one of his many Obama-esque good deeds (literally).

* "No," I replied. (Shout out to Miss J. T. H., or any other friend of D.J.'s who may be reading—and you know who you are: that is X-rated material, so cover your eyes! Not kidding.)

6 comments:

  1. I agree, the years have gone by faster than a snail, and smoother than sandpaper.
    I loved the partay! Totally kewl. You should put a pic of my tie die tee shirt on here, cause it's kewl.
    Also, I would like it if you didn't comment on my friends blog cause that's like weird. Also, you shouldn't give her, and I quote "holler/shout-out" my friends on your blog, that is just kind of not working for me.
    Luv you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG my first reaction is to be like my mother and respond, "Its tie-dye T-shirt."

    Otherwise, I'd already wanted to tell "ur friend" what she wondered about, and polled, on her blog, so I think the comment was very appropriate, and probably appreciated.

    As for including her in my blog post, well that's just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks to the shout out

    o yeah btw i kinda felt like saying: i feel really trapped inside a parents world because i'm not allowed to have 'x-rated' words on MY blog.
    --Ji Tan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are trapped inside your parents' world! Sometimes I think I still am!

    ReplyDelete