Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Recipe for Turning Twelve

D.J.'s '60s Costume Party
  • 1 birthday girl, Daughter Judy.
  • 11 12-year-olds, approximately, of the female variety.
  • 1 clean house.
  • 1 clean back patio.
  • Beatles CDs.
  • D.J.'s BFF's designer dad, styling my pad with '60s fabrics.
  • D.J.'s cool tween sitter Amandina, the painter, leading the ensemble mural creation.
  • Tie-dye kit, which I hope works, looks too hard, must sit for 24 hours afterward.
  • Daisies, for daisy chains, if I can find them, which I don't think I can.
  • Party favor bags, which include mod necklaces from a good sale at Claire's, chocolate eggs from Li-Lac across the street, and cool glider planes.
  • 1 take-out pizza menu from Two Boots.
  • A few bowls of grapes, pretzels, and carrots.
  • 1 secret recipe (not my secret, or I'd share it) Austrian Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Icing, of which Chef suggested I make four layers, not two. Think I'll make three layers, just 'cause.
  • 1 or 2 bottles of champagne, to share with any adult who stays. After all, I was there that 30-hour day, almost 12 years ago.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, you need to work on some things.
    1.NO CARROTS! I hate carrots, so they will not do.
    2.I don't want chocolate EGGS! This isn't Easter mom. Gee-Wiz get it together.
    3.What about liquids to drink for the kids?????
    4.I want more than just the Beatles CDs.
    and 5.Don't forget that I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay 1) I kind of just said carrots cause it sounded healthy. I know you don't want them. 2) Eggs is the shape they now have at Li-Lac, cause it's seasonal. I guess I could get milk chocolate kiddie pops. 3) Liquids—-juice, water, soda water is not that interesting to write or read about. 4) I'm looking for other music, but at least I have that, and 5) I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, okay, sounds good. yes with the kiddie pop. thank god u were just writing that stuff to sound healthy!

    ReplyDelete