Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Don't Do Starbucks

But I do do all sorts of tea runs at work, or even York Peppermint Pattie runs. Does this EDF challenge mean I can't buy tea anymore? There's still construction happening in the new offices, and there's no tea or coffee maker in the kitchens yet. "Just microwave it," someone suggested, as if radiated water was de rigeur. (I won't do microwaved tea.) But if I don't make my tea runs, how am I going to pass my time at work?

Tomorrow, since I also won't be visiting the salad bar where I ran into Tim Gunn, I will go to Duane Reade across the street and buy myself either a thermos, or a hot pot, in keeping with the spirit of the challenge. Maybe this type of lifestyle editing is how I'm going to become more mise en scene in life. After all, Chef Nola did agree I'm about ten percent improved on my baking mise en scene, even after the flour flew out of the pastry-cream-in-process pot I was vigorously stirring, all over her work space.

I told D.J. that if she had to buy something to supplement her reusable lunch bag lunch, she should write it down and not tell me about it until the end of the week. (I can't deal with GVMS out lunch peer pressure to boot.) I guess I'll do the same, and then we can compare notes.

In the meantime, I think there may be a few squares of bittersweet chocolate in my desk drawer I look forward to passing the time with tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment