Saturday, April 4, 2009

Practice, Practice, Practice

Today was cake decorating day, via a yellow butter cake and vanilla buttercream frosting. I went for the whole white on white thing, leaving the artificially colored frostings and decorations in the dust, for the rest of the class to use.

Note: Seems I am not that great of a cake decorator, though I did learn how to make flowers. I think I need some serious practice, though, because soon we'll be making tiered wedding cakes, and I would like to improve upon today's lopsided, heavily tunneled cake and kinda smeared frosting.

P.S. Apparently they'll be no boxes to bring home the wedding cakes in (cannot figure out that grammar, sorry!), so the bakery couple is offering delivery service, for a fee. (I don't think that's a joke.) They were awesome cake decorators, and taught everyone how to make flowers. The wife Evie said she's been making flowers for thirty-four years, and then her husband (who apparently she thanks God for every night) frosted his cake in about thirty seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment