Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bun In The Oven Part II

I take it back—there's not enough bread at my house.

I shouldn't have put my French bread loaves in plastic, as they wilted overnight. However, I pepped up the "baguettes" by making the most delicious French toast I've ever encountered. D.J. conferred, and at that moment, with my homemade French toast (topped with fresh raspberries and maple syrup), something clicked in me. Like, "Yes, there is something here [with the whole baking thing]."

Lightbulb moment recreated this evening when I toasted the bread, painted it with the tiniest bit of butter, and made mini sandwiches for J.D. and I.

Took a look in the mirror this p.m. to survey the two-day yeast-fest damage: multiple bread tastings, one brick of focaccia, two small savory soft rolls with vegetables, two pieces of French toast, 1 1/2 open-faced mini sandwiches.

Complete bun in the oven. Must stop.

1 comment:

  1. you to funny miss bun in the oven!!!!! You forgot to mention that the mini sandwiches had ham. i mean, how could you have a sandwich without ham, and just butter???? puh-leze!!!

    ReplyDelete